Here's another easy recipe. Based on a bag of coleslaw mix, it's a simple salad to serve for company or to take along when you're traveling to a get-together.
Serves 4 to 6 as a main course
Preparation and Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 package (3 ounces) Oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix
1/2 cup pre-sliced almonds
3/4 cup bottled red wine vinaigrette
1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped (for 1/4 cup)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Break up the ramen noodles with your hands and place them and the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the noodles and almonds turn light brown, 6 to 7 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, pour the red wine vinaigrette into a measuring cup and stir in the packet of seasoning from the ramen noodle soup mix. Set the salad dressing aside.
4. Place the slaw mix, chicken, cilantro, and scallions in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine the ingredients well.
5. Just before serving, pour the salad dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Scatter the toasted almonds and noodles on top and serve.