Saturday, December 20, 2008
Carmel Chocolate Cookies
This is the recipe for the chocolate cookies in the third row other treats pictured are lemon bars, pecan brittle and grandmas molasses cookies.
Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
• 66 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates filled with Caramel
• 1 family size (13x9-in. pan) original supreme brownie mix with HERSHEY'S Syrup Pouch
• 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
• 2 eggs
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1 cup ground pecans(optional)
• 2 teaspoons milk
1. Remove wrappers from chocolates. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. Beat brownie mix, pouch of syrup, cocoa, eggs, oil and water in medium bowl until well blended. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until thoroughly chilled (dough will still be sticky).
3. Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 48 1-inch balls. (Return dough to refrigerator if necessary or drop by rounded teaspoons onto wax paper-lined trays and refrigerate about 10 minutes.) Roll balls in pecans, if desired. Place on prepared cookie sheet; press thumb gently in center of each cookie. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
4. Place 18 caramel filled chocolates and milk in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolates are melted and smooth when stirred. Spoon slightly rounded 1/4 teaspoon caramel filling in each indentation. Lightly press chocolate in center of each cookie. 48 cookies.
I chose to just drizzle the melted carmel kisses over my cookies this time. Either way they turn out yummy!