Saturday, August 22, 2009
Milk Boiled Corn onThe Cob
Milk Boiled Corn on the Cob Recipe
This is the BEST recipe for corn on the cob --- do not add in any salt to the water as it will make the corn tough
15 min | 5 min prep
SERVES 6 -8
• 6-8 ears corn, husks and silk removed
• 1 cup milk
• 1/4 cup whipping cream, unwhipped (or use 1-1/4 cups milk)
• 1/3 cup sugar (can use more sugar)
• 1/4 cup butter (optional and to add to the water)
1. Fill a large stock pot half full with water (use a large enough pot to hold all the corn).
2. Add in the cream, milk, sugar and butter.
3. Bring to a boil, then add in the corn cobs.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow corn to cook for 7-8 minutes or until just tender, depending on size of corn try not to over cook the corn as it will become tough.
5. Using long tongs remove and place on a plate or in a bowl, then cover with foil until ready to serve.
6. Serve with butter and salt to taste.