Saturday, July 10, 2010

Corn on the Cob

I found a new and easy way to make great corn on the cob. It is another fabulous recipe from Melanie at My kitchen Cafe. I have used a milk boiled corn recipe in the past. This recipe has moved to the top of my list. Our garden is loaded with sweet corn soon to be harvested. We will be using this recipe for sure. Thanks!! Melanie.

Perfect Corn on the Cob

7-8 ears of corn, husked and silky threads removed
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
Bring a large pot of water to a boil (probably about 4-6 quarts of water). When boiling, add the sugar and vinegar and bring to a full boil again. Add the husked corn, submerging all the ears in the water the best that you can. Bring the water to a full boil again. This is important! It may take a few minutes for the water to come back to boiling temperature once the corn is added but let it come to a full boil before moving on. Once the water is at a full boil, cover the pot, remove from the heat and let the corn sit in the hot, steaming water for 10 minutes. (The corn can stay in the water for up to 20 minutes without becoming pithy and dry.)

3 comments:

kelly said...

i love corn on the cob, i was just thinking how long it takes to cook though, i will have to try this!

Melanie said...

I'm impressed you have your own corn growing in your garden! I should try planting it next year - it has always seemed an intimidating garden item for me...I don't know why!

Alissa said...

We've had your corn on the cob now 3 times and love it! I will never go back to how I used to! thanks lady!