I found this great pancake recipe at the Idea Room. They are fantastic your family will love them. Make sure to double the recipe because they disappear quickly. We enjoyed ours topped with buttermilk syrup. They would be great drizzled with icing. Try these today !!!
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes:
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 tablespoons butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon flour
1. Mix all the ingredients together to make the pancakes and set aside. Preheat your pan or skillet and lightly grease it.
2. Make the Cinnamon Swirl mixture and place it into a a small bottle with a squirt nozzle or a small baggie with a snip in the corner.
3. Spread your batter into small pancakes on the griddle. Immediately add the cinnamon swirls.
4. Cook the pancakes until small bubbles form on the topside of the pancake and do not fill back in with batter.
5. Flip over the pancakes with a turner and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute.
My kiddos enjoyed these with buttermilk syrup. My husband thought they were great plain.
If you would like to drizzle icing instead of syrup try this one:
For the Cream Cheese Icing...
In the same bowl that you used for the cinnamon filling, mix together, using the hand mixer again:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 ounces cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
4 T. milk
Mix until smooth and pour into a second pastry bag just like you did with the cinnamon mixture above.
For the Buttermilk Syrup try this:
1/2 Cup butter
1 Cup Sugar
2/3 C. buttermilk
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. baking soda.
Mix Butter, sugar and buttermilk together and boil 2 full minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and baking soda.
Serve over pancakes. Makes 2 cups of syrup.