Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Bars for A Crowd


If you are looking for a pumpkin bar recipe to feed a large crown, then this is your recipe.....
Pumpkin Bars (from real mom kitchen )

Printable Version
6 eggs
1 1/2 cup oil (I use canola)
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 large can (29 oz) pumpkin
3 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. salt
chocolate chips or cream cheese frosting work well with these bars

Mix together eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin. Fold in dry ingredients and pour into jelly roll pan (13 x 18 pan) . (At this point you sprinkle half the pan with 1 cup of chocolate chips) Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over bake. Frost with cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting

( use this recipe to frost half the cake. You could use it to frost the whole thing, but I like a good layer. So if you frost the whole pan, I would recommend doubling this recipe)

1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese (I use light)
8 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Blend together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I like it when recipes make a large amount. I usually always double recipes anyway because I feel like, what's the point of baking such a small pan of something? Like when brownies suggest using an 8x8 pan. Please!!! This pumpkin bar recipe looks to be the perfect size. I think it could use a thicker smear of cream cheese icing but then again, I like my icing to be as thick as the slice of cake!

Thanks for the recipe. It's a good way to use up a whole 29 oz can of pumpkin.