Sunday, July 17, 2011

Apple Cobbler

This cobbler is so easy to make. It can be made with any flavor pie filling. I make this with my home canned Apple Pie Filling. I would dare say that this is My husband's favorite dessert. Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it is hard to beat .


Pie Filling Cobbler
(Printable Version)

Ingredients :
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 (15 ounce) cans pie filling ( flavor of your choice)

Directions
Melt butter or margarine in baking dish.
Mix sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder.
Add milk and mix well.
Pour batter into melted butter-- do not stir.
Pour pie filling into batter (I drop it by spoonful and put several spoons in the middle and then divide the rest into the corners and sides-- do not stir).
Bake@ 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown.




No comments: