Friday, January 28, 2011

Mini German Pancakes

This is a great option to the traditional style of german pancakes. It is great for kids. I used a mixed berry jam on this  batch.

Mini German Pancake Recipe
As seen on Make and Takes
(Printable Version)
 makes 24 muffins or fills a 9×13 baking pan
(Printable version)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup flour
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • dash salt


Preheat oven to 400* and grease your muffin tin  I like to mix all the ingredients in my blender. I have tried to whisk it or even use my small electric mixer, but a blender seems to do the best job getting it smooth. Pour the mix into your greased muffin tin ( I used about 1/4 cup per muffin)
Bake them for 15 minutes in a 400* oven, or until puffy and golden on top. Use a knife to pop or pry them out, hopefully they were greased well enough and should pop right out. They puffiness will die down as they cool, and they become more like a cup. 
Top with syrup, powdered sugar, and fruit. You could even use fresh Strawberry Jam.   I used mixed berries topping on this batch.

No comments: