I made this great treat to take to some of our neighbors . They loved it!!! It is great and easy to prepare.
I switched out the cinnamon bears for gum drops on a second batch and the results was EQUALLY yummy. Thanks Jaimie for sharing this recipe
Cinnamon Bear Popcorn as seen at www.jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com
24 C popped popcorn (1 C unpopped)
1 16 oz bag cinnamon bears
1 C butter
1/2 C corn syrup
1 1/2 C sugar
1 t vanilla
4 C mini marshmallows
red food coloring
1. Pop up your popcorn. Sprinkle it with just a bit of salt and set it aside.
2. Snip your cinnamon bears up with a pair of kitchen scissors.
3. In a medium sized sauce pan combine the butter, corn syrup and sugar. Heat it over medium to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Remove it from the heat and add your vanilla, marshmallows and red food coloring.
5. Isn't that a fun pretty color! You could of course add more food coloring for a darker pink. Mix it all around to get everything melted in and combined.
6. Stir in the bears.
7. Add the mixture to your popped popcorn. Stir it all around until well combined.