These potatoes were a perfect compliment to our Ham this Easter. I found the recipe at real mom kitchen. I'm sure you have all experienced the Mormon Potatoes or Funeral Potatoes. These yummy potatoes are just as easy to prepare but without the use of the processed cream soups. If you haven't tried these you should. The cream makes them taste like a cheesey scalloped potato.
Shredded Potatoes Au Gratin
- 4 cups of frozen shredded hash browns,thawed or 1 (20 oz) bag of refrigerated shredded hash browns (like Simply Potatoes)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (I like to use sharp cheddar)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray dish are dishes you are using with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine hash browns, cream, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, green onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well
- Spoon or pour hash browns into prepared dish or dishes and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook according to below times until bubbly and golden.
- For (8) 1/2 cup ramekins bake 20-25 minutes
- For (4) 1 cup ramekins bake 35-45 minutes
- For 11x 7 baking dish bake 47-57 minutes