Saturday, September 12, 2009
Home Canned Salsa
This is my old stand by recipe. I got it from one of the local cookbooks that are sold in area. I changed it a bit and have been canning it for years.Hope you like it as much as we do.
makes 3 quarts or 6 pints
* 8 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
* 2 1/2 cups onions, chopped
* 1 1/2 cups green peppers
* 1 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped
* 6 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 teaspoons cumin
* 2 teaspoons pepper
* 1/8 cup canning salt
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1/3 cup vinegar or lemon juice
* 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
1. Mix all together and bring to a slow boil for 30 minute.
2. Seal in jars and cook in hot water bath for 30 minute.
3. This is a medium salsa. This is also a chunky salsa so if you want a smoother salsa cut your veggies into smaller pieces.