Saturday, September 12, 2009
Heidi's Amazingly Easy Salsa
Heidi’s Amazingly Easy Salsa
14 lbs. tomatoes
3-4 large white onions, chopped
3 Cups white vinegar (If you prefer you can use lemon juice instead of vinegar)
10 jalapeños seeded
4 Cups green peppers (chopped)
1/2 Cup Salt ( I use canning salt)
1/2 Cup Sugar
12 cloves garlic pressed
1 can, 12 oz. tomato paste
2 bunches cilantro
1. Blanch tomatoes, peel the skins, and put into your cooking pot whole.
2. Add all ingredients - except tomato paste and cilantro
3. let boil for 1 hour(I smashed the tomatoes as they cooked to get rid of any big chunks)
4. Add tomato paste, & stir well.
5. pour into canning jars.
6. Add cilantro to each jar.
7. Water bath, pints = 30 minutes / quarts = 45 minutes
I made 2 quarts and 15 pints ( plus a little extra to taste)