Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kari's Cheesecake


I got this great cheesecake recipe from a hygienist in one of the dental offices I work with. It has all the flavor of a traditional baked cheesecake but it is light and creamy in texture. Try it, you won't be disappointed. I topped mine with my razzleberry pie filling yummmmmmmmy!

Kari's Cheesecake
Crust:
2 Cups of graham cracker crumbs
6 tsp butter
3/4 C. sugar
Melt butter and add sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Press into a springform pan and bake @ 325 * for 5 minutes
Remove crust from oven and lower temp to 300*
Filling
3 8 oz pkg of cream cheese
1 Cup of Sour Cream
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Sugar
3 TBSP. Flour (I mix my flour and sugar together before adding to the mixture)
4 eggs
Mix together using a food processor or mixer adding eggs last.
Pour into crust. Place a cookie sheet on the rack below with 1/2 inch of water(this is needed for moisture) I put a cookie sheet with water directly under my springform pan I wrapped the outside with heavy foil to prevent any water from getting inside.

1. Bake for 1 hour @ 300* Shut off oven , and don't open the door.
2. Keep oven door for an additional hour.
3. Open the oven door and keep cheesecake inside for the final hour **do not move cheesecake until the end of the third hour (This is a 3 hour process and well worth it). Refrigerate overnight or place in the freezer for 3 hours.

ENJOY!

No comments: