Monday, October 27, 2008



















Chewy Granola Bars Recipe: From Make and Takes
• 2 1/2 c. Oats - quick rolled oats
• 1/2 c. Rice Krispies
• 1/4 c. coconut
• 1/2 c. M&M minis
• 1/2 c. brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 c. butter, softened
• 1/4 c. honey
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Add all of the ingredients and mix together until combined. Press into a square 8×8 pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and score into bars. Let it set completely and then cut into bars. For thinner bars, press mix into a 9×13 pan.
They seem to set a little better in the 9×13 pan. I also line my pan with parchment paper for easy removal
For additional topping ideas try these suggestions.
Instead of the m&m’s I have used in the past, I found mini chocolate chips and mini Reese’s peanut butter pieces.

You can use the same recipe for Chewy Granola Bars, but put half the mix in one glass dish(Pie Pan) and half in another glass dish(8x8) . This way the bars are a little thinner and I think they came together and crusted up better. Plus you end up with more of them.
Other moms have said they substituted raisins, chocolate chips, and peanut butter for this Chewy Granola Bar recipe. You could even use super mini marshmallows too. It’s a great recipe to experiment with.

1 comment:

Donna-FFW said...

Just wanted to let you know I made these and bloged about them on my blog today. What a great little treat. I also linked back up to you!